Key Areas of expertise
My key areas of expertise:
- Leadership development for senior and middle leaders.
- Working with leadership teams to strengthen and maximise impact.
- Closing the gap for disadvantaged pupils and considering barriers to progress.
- The development of Growth Mindsets and Metacognition as a whole school approach to enabling pupils to become more effective and independent learners.
- Development of teaching and learning, particularly around : 'Planning for progression and deepening pupils' understanding of key concepts', 'using book reviews and learning walks to help teachers identify opportunities for development', 'Outstanding group work and collaborative learning', 'Minds-on interactive thinking and learning', 'Talk in the classroom and questioning', 'Ensuring challenge for the more able', 'Guided writing', 'Effective implementation of mastery mathematics and mastery English'.
- Increasing the impact of marking and feedback.
- Effective leadership of teaching assistants
- Data analysis - support for interpretation of data and school development planning
Consultancy & Training
The consultancy and training I provide centres on working in partnership with leaders to create strong solutions that have high, sustainable impact; and in empowering others.
Do you need:
- Someone to provide a fresh perspective
- Expertise beyond that in your own school
- Professional development for leaders
- Support for improving the quality of teaching
- Assistance in improving staff performance
- Training days and events designed to respond to key school improvement priorities - stimulate new thinking, re-energise efforts, inspire teachers and provide practical solutions
To ensure consultancy has impact; a practical approach runs throughout the services offered and sessions are tailored to meet the needs of participants.
As part of my service, I will:
- Listen carefully to exactly what you need.
- Explore a range of solutions, helping you to set up support plans that achieve your goals.
- Give you honest, unbiased, practical advice.
- Challenge as appropriate.
- Work in partnership to create strong solutions.
- Provide a high quality, professional service.
- Provide tools and resources to aid implementation.
As a freelance education consultant I provide expertise for both short and long term projects. I work with a variety of organisations including schools, universities, examination boards, publishers, charitable organisations and businesses. With primary and secondary experience and a broad spectrum of expertise, I undertake a variety of educational assignments.
It is, at times, extremely useful for schools to be able to add temporary additional capacity to the leadership team. This may be to tackle key school improvement issues or cover work for an absent colleague. If you need to tap into additional expertise for a short period of time, to address a specific issue or lead on a particular project get in touch to discuss your requirements.